The Costa Rica Expert

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Where is Costa Rica?

I was working as a mergers and acquisitions consultant for my own firm and on a prospecting trip to Greensboro, North Carolina. I stopped to see an attorney who I had a hunch might have a deal for me. She told me about a guy in Costa Rica who owned a university. My first reaction was, where the hell is Costa Rica? She informed me that it was in Central America and so my second reaction was, isn't it dangerous down there? She assured me that it was safe and I asked for the contact information for this gentleman. The next thing I know I am on a plane to this mysterious place. I had never traveled to Latin America and knew virtually no Spanish whatsoever. However, being a pretty good salesman I landed the deal and after two years of very intense work, sold the university to an American company then known as Sylvan. Little did I know that that fateful meeting in Greensboro, North Carolina would change the course of my life forever!

Being by nature a curious person, I was immediately overwhelmed by Costa Rica. Driving through San Jose that fateful day of my first Costa Rica experience I was taken by the beauty of the mountains that surround the city. The smells, the people who seem to be everywhere, the architecture, which was so different from what I was use to, and, of course, the beautiful ladies, oh my God, the beautiful ladies........All of these things drew me in and ultimately I became another Costa Rica addict.

If you are intrigued by the idea of traveling to Costa Rica, I will give you my top ten reasons why you should go ahead and get on the plane and experience it for yourself. Don't get me wrong, it is probably not for everyone. If you prefer the whitewashed streets and two car garages and manicured lawns and sidewalks and streets that are empty because all the people are inside watching their large screen home entertainment centers. If you prefer a society that is more into living to work rather than working to live, then you might not like Costa Rica that much. Yes it is very different down here. A different pace of life. A different outlook. Different values. Different language. Different food. Different everything. So if you want to be different, here are ten good reason to come to Costa Rica, in random order:

  • Something to do all the time....most of it outdoors.
  • A topography that is as varied as the U.S., but in a space the size of West Virginia.
  • As much biological diversity as the entire continent of Africa in a country, yes, the size of West Virginia.
  • A place where you can find almost perfect weather somewhere.
  • Beaches that are uncrowded and waves of all sizes.
  • People who are as warm and friendly as you will find anywhere.
  • A culture that is rich and inviting, with good food, great music and dance and a live and let live spirit.
  • The most beautiful women on the planet (didn't I already mention that?)
  • A place where you can live on a portion of what you live on in the states and like a king!
  • A place where you can take a Sunday drive into the country and understand why this is The Last Country the Gods Made!
Intrigued? This blog is dedicated to exposing my experiences, thoughts, knowledge and probably a little bullshit about the country I have come to know and love, Costa Rica. I hope you enjoy it. By the way, if you are interested in traveling to Costa Rica, check out my travel site, Package Costa Rica.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home